name: that girl in pink
location: Somewhere, India
my complete profile

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

atTAGged!

I’ve been tagged! And it’s a relatively free Tuesday afternoon and I can think of nothing original to write about so this seems like a good time to fulfill my obligation. (As mentioned in Section 34 of the Blogger’s Oath: Thou shalt write when tagged.) Actually doing this tag also helps me carry out Section 1 of the Blogger’s Oath: Thou shalt write.

So without further ado, let me start working on Vijayeta’s tag, which is rather vague but it’s something to do, so I shall not crib.

Here goes!

I am thinking about…
This bitch at Kaya Skin Clinic I met the other day who told me I should start using anti-aging skin products. After I slapped her for her impudence and flung her around the room a few times she proceeded to take out one of those magnifying mirrors and showed me frown lines that are apparently forming between my eyebrows. Of course I broke the mirror on her head (assuring her 13 years of bad luck) and marched out of the stupid place.
Only problem now is that I’ve developed this fear of frowning which used to be one of my favourite activities. So now instead of scowling and seething inwardly when someone cuts me off in traffic I just roll the window down and curse loudly.


I said...
Hello you fool, I love you!

No, I didn’t! I said a lot of things but nothing particularly noteworthy and worth putting down here.

I want to...
Write wonderful books that get published and make me money and I want to travel the world, especially rural France, and not be tied down to stupid jobs and I want to open a place for abandoned pets and I want to be myself always, no matter what.

I wish...
Everything wasn’t such a struggle. I know that that apparently makes you a better person and all but sometimes it’d be nice to just have things handed to you on a platter. I’m not even talking about material things…it would just be nice if plans and dreams unfolded into reality without too much effort. Just sometimes.

I hear...
This dog barking his head off every night. He’s someone’s pet dog and I need to figure who the owners are what the hell they’re doing to him for him to create such a racket every bloody night. This weekend, I’m going to do some snooping around my lane.

I wonder...
If Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie will stay together forever and continue creating beautiful babies or if their union will end like all hollywood unions. I also wonder and worry about what people will think of me now that they know what occupies my mind when I’m not busy.


I regret...
Eating fatty food that is not exquisitely delicious. I hate consuming calories when its not worth it so now I’m really regretting eating that stupid peda at lunch. Its not even one of my favourite desserts and this one was dry and dull andI popped the whole bloody thing just cuz it was there.

I am...
Incapable of answering that highly loaded question. I am OK, I guess!

I dance...
Better to songs I can sing along with. So even if the song is in Spanish you’ll find me making up the words and singing and dancing cuz its just more fun that way!

I sing...
That’s a lie. I don’t sing. I can’t. It’s a disease with no cure.

I cry...
Very rarely. I don’t like crying and it always gives me a headache so I avoid it as much as possible.

I am not always...
Saying what’s on my mind…

I make with my hands...
My bed. My hair. Sometimes I make scrapbooks. That’s the extent of my creativity.

I write...
Crappy advertising copy all of us love and appreciate so much. How dull our lives would be if I weren’t writing things like, “Special Offer-Just for You!” or “This Festive season, XYZ brands brings to you…”
Sob! I write crap!


I confuse...
Between its and it’s. I’ve been explained the rule a million times but for the life of me I’ll never get it. Now I just rely on Microsoft Word to correct it for me.

I need…
To figure out a new livelihood and get out of this job that’s just boring me to death! I can’t keep writing tea commercials aimed at middle class mothers anymore. I need something else! I need to sit down and think things out!

After this cathartic tag that’s taken me more than a whole day to complete, what with annoying work butting in from time to time, it’s time to pass the torch on. So Jenn, Cyber Swami, Vanessa, PinkBury, Indian Punkster, Essar and Shub, Knock Knock! You’ve been tagged!


Posted by that girl in pink  | 6:56 pm  |  39 comments  

39 Comments

at 8:23 pm Blogger Fleiger said...

You rely on MS-Word to correct your grammer? You must be very brave, my lady!!!

BTW, my first time commenting on your blog... Enjoying the past-posts now.

 
at 12:20 am Blogger Jenn said...

OK did it. What would life be without these memes, huh?

I am glad you belted that stupid woman.

 
at 7:13 am Blogger Grey Shades said...

You actually beat up that lady? You did that? And dont let that lady fool you! Its more excerise frowning. More muscles you see...

 
at 12:31 pm Blogger NN said...

Enjoy reading here. You're a riot!

 
at 12:48 pm Blogger lemontree said...

awesome pink.
and i love the dance bit, somehow you just dance better when u sing along, no matter what the song.

 
at 1:05 pm Blogger P said...

One of the more entertaining tags I've read!
Fun post..
:-)

 
at 3:16 pm Blogger Rohini said...

If you ever do start something for abandned pets, count me in...

And 'it's' and 'its' isn't the only thing you confuse. There's 'there' and 'their' too - check the bits about Brangelina.

 
at 3:24 pm Blogger Arunima said...

SOmebody had tagged me on thius and I haven't done it. planning to do it soon.

 
at 1:12 am Blogger twip said...

while you were in hibernation, I actually did this tag..:(

But Ill credit you on my post for tagging me, so yay!

 
at 1:16 am Blogger twip said...

oh and heres my TAG post..:)

 
at 11:36 am Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pink, u're a rare piece of work! U really should start doing something abt getting ur work published. Am DEAD serious!

I laughed and laughed when I read the "i wonder" part... Sonya shares the karma with u (am wintess to ur incessant chatter on celeb lives) ;)

Oh, and I share your "i wish"...really really wish things weren't always a struggle.

-UrPublicist

 
at 7:06 pm Blogger ichatteralot said...

Loved the bloggers oath part - is there a master copy somewhere??
:)

 
at 12:42 am Blogger mad angles said...

y'know, I hate these women in beuty parlours. they're the biggest bitches EVER! The way they keep dispensing free advice about how your hair is non existant or how your facial hair could give rabindranath tagore compettion (see how parochial we bongs are) or how how your feet look like labourers' feet....OMG. I am so glad you slapped her. Incidentally, I was in bangalore recenlty and I almost killed a beauty parlour woman. jesus. i think this is ALL my tag is gonna be about.

 
at 3:21 am Blogger Vijayeta said...

Brilliant! See, it reaffirms my belief that TAGs do spread a lot of general happiness and good cheer.
(Though right now i'm so dazed I'm looking at the word TAG and thinking TAG HEUR watches, which spread a lot of happiness and good cheer too!)
Why won't anyone send me THAT?!
:(

 
at 3:24 am Blogger Vijayeta said...

And it also reaffirms my belief that most cool people (ppl like us!) don't always think of loaded, how to promote world peace and save the whale type things all the time.
Often mundane things like Brad Pitt and his mating games need attention too!
It's only fair ;)

P.S. Last time someone at Kaya tried to act smart with me, I asked her very sweetly why she doesn't do anything about her laugh lines etc. :|

 
at 3:01 pm Blogger Aqua said...

"bloggers oath" LOL

 
at 6:32 pm Blogger Indianpeppone said...

Lovely.....

but its and it's are different????? :D

 
at 10:34 pm Blogger Nautilus said...

I knew the woman who ran the Kaya clinic in Hyd and her face was full of craters...

BTW, MS Word will make all "its" into "it's".

I once wanted to open a shelter for abandoned pets too...now i adopt them at Nepoets.com...try it :-)

 
at 1:54 am Blogger Nessa said...

You could start by writing a more comprehensive Bloggers Rulebook. I could use one.

I think you should go back to that store and boop that woman again. The nerve of some people.

I don't know how some people never hear their own dogs.

I've been a bad girl. I am repenting as we speak.

 
at 4:35 pm Blogger Cyberswami said...

Thank you. For reading. And perhaps understanding.

Thank you a little less for tagging. But I have done it. Have a look-see.

 
at 7:36 pm Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on! You sing well!! Come on Barbie, let's go party! You know what I mean!

 
at 9:57 pm Blogger That Girl said...

ah my gadi hate tags!!i just dont have the patience for them!! lol.. unless theres a REALLy cool quizzy thingy at the end of it!!

plus..sigh.. it makes me think of everything that i did wrong sometimes..lol
youre a brave person pink girl!

 
at 10:08 pm Blogger Deliciously Alive said...

ABSOLUTELY LOVED READING THIS!!!!Lolololololol!;)))))))))))
Love your blog too!:))))

 
at 10:50 pm Blogger shub said...

will take it up GLEEFULLY! for lack of better things to do!

 
at 7:42 pm Blogger Wild Reeds said...

LOL
A wonderful read.

 
at 5:00 pm Blogger Arthur Quiller Couch said...

Shoot the dog.
And don't rely on MS-Word to correct anything.

 
at 10:08 am Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's been 22 days since u posted anything!!! Come on tell us abt the trip to Coorg...

-UrPublicist

 
at 2:01 am Blogger quills said...

LOL! Thoroughly enjoyed reading your tag. :)

 
at 10:16 am Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pls post something new, i dutifully come by everyday... as am sure do many others. Come back. Tell the shaitan boss that you have a commitment to literature that needs to be honoured!

-UrPublicist

 
at 11:12 am Blogger Indianpeppone said...

heyyyyy... nothing new?????

 
at 10:46 pm Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am still waiting!

-UrPublicist

 
at 12:10 pm Blogger that girl in pink said...

hi all! thanks for the lovely comments.

indianpeppone & publicist, please keep coming back as i shall be posting something scintillating very soon!
publicist, you should rename yourself my ego booster. :) your comments make me feel so wanted...sniff!

right now though i am reeling under the triple curse of "employed with bad boss + house guest + love of sleep". but this weekend i promise, i'm posting somthing new. so please come back and have a great weekend y'all!

 
at 5:10 pm Blogger Sue said...

Only because I am one of those sticklers lauded by Lynn Truss and I honestly would worry at night that you weren't joking, can I please tell you that "it's" is a short form of "it is"?

You can delete my comment. I'll even be ok if you curse. But I really need all the sleep I can get.

 
at 5:43 pm Blogger Lalit Singh said...

nice post
BTW whats with the once-a-month posting habit

 
at 11:12 pm Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww!! You know what an emotional fool u're talking too... so if you start sniffing imagine my plight ;)

am glad u're posting something over the weekend... am excited now! Really.

-UrPublicist

 
at 9:34 am Blogger that girl in pink said...

sue: ha ha! really sorry i almost took away your much needed rest. thanks for the tip.
Um, I did already know that rule, but on occasion i still confuse the two and now i've just accepted it as a quirk in my writing.
please continue getting your sleep, you will curse me later if you don't, what with the babu just about a month away. good luck and happy zzzzzs.

 
at 5:06 pm Blogger shruti said...

hey ,,unique way of writing the tag ..very interesting ...

 
at 8:53 pm Anonymous Anonymous said...

so, what's up with the dog? why's it been barking like that?
-a concerned animal lover.

 
at 5:10 am Anonymous Anonymous said...

nicely done!

you have a good style of writing btw. you should seriously consider that bbok thing.

 

Post a Comment