name: that girl in pink
location: Somewhere, India
my complete profile

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Friday, July 27, 2007

Better late than never?

About a 100 years ago, Quicksilver tagged me with a fairly simply task.

1) Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
2) People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules.
3) At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and include their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
4) If you fail to do this within eight hours, you will have to acknowledge Quicksilver as the Queen of the Universe.

Needless to say, I have acknowledged her as the Queen of the Universe, many times over. And today I finally decided it was time to take a break from my busy job as saviour of the universe and actually get on with the post. Also, I have this other tag waiting to be done and...well, you can read all about it in the following post.

8 random facts about me.

1. I can't start on some thing till I've finished what I had to do before that. So if I've bought a new shampoo I'm dying to try, I can't use till I've finished and chucked the earlier bottle. Which is why this growing heap of tags was giving me sleepless nights and I had to get down to them.

2. I'm obsessed with noses. There's a chance I may not notice the naked woman sitting next to me with bright orange paint on her body that screams "Look at me", but I'll definitely notice her nose. I'm constantly picking on the noses (ha ha! pun unintended) of people on TV and giving my opinion on who should or should not get a nose job. My taste in noses keeps changing and I really don't know what works for what face.
And no, in case you're wondering you nosy reader you, I don't really like my nose. That nose you see in my profile picture on the top left of the page is highly photoshopped.

3. My favourite cuss word is motherfucker. (What's yours?)

4. When I look back at myself as a child, I can't remember ever having a goal. I think my earliest memory of wanting to be something is when I was in the 7th and under extreme stress of questioning I said I want to grow up to be a fashion designer. I also clearly remember the girl whom I overheard this borrowed ambition from. I maybe the first goal-less child in history. The affliction continues...

5. I have been reading about some random new study that states "If your friends are fat, you'll get fat." I'm now living in mortal fear of getting 'you're fired' memos from most of my friends.

6. I don't really like music.

7. I'm fast running out of random facts to put about myself! I'm not a very multi-faceted person.

8. In general I find American movie English quite funny. Y'know, terms like "my bad" and their tendency to draw out sentences like saying things like, "I'm going to have to ask you to put down the weapon'. Why can't they just say "Put that gun down"? It's all very amusing and I love bitching about it. :)


Gosh that was tough to get through! This has been quite an eye opener and I've gotta say I'm really thankful I'm married cuz my shaadi.com profile box would've read rather dully, eh?
Now as far as tagging this tag further goes, I'll tell you how that works after a week. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban just started. That's my favourite of the HP movies. Cheerio then!

Posted by that girl in pink  | 8:03 pm  |  30 comments  

30 Comments

at 12:27 am Blogger Amey said...

There's a chance I may not notice the naked woman sitting next to me with bright orange paint on her body that screams "Look at me",

Are you really planning to mess up all the male heads on the internet?

Rest later when I can see something other than bright orange...

 
at 10:01 pm Blogger Rohini said...

Oooh... I so identify with Number One. I am particularly like that with books. Am plodding through a terribly boring book right not with many other exciting ones waiting to be picked up but I have to finish the first one.... I have a feeling it's going to be a while

 
at 4:10 pm Blogger Grey Shades said...

Yes yes me thinks American movie english is a post in itself...

 
at 12:25 pm Blogger Pri said...

@3: ch**thling is by far my favourite.
also 'nim ajji'

 
at 3:54 pm Blogger Kusum Rohra said...

WHAT? * surprised * you are the first person who I have come across to have said I really don't like music :) that's so strange, nothing wrong about it, just strange. To think about it sub-consciously we tend to think all interesting people like music :D

My favorite cuss word is not a word it's "F**king piece of shit."
Nope you are not the first goalless child, I was one too !


When I did this tag I mentioned the fact that I shower my teeth, er, because I can dole out random facts can we crown me as the most multifaceted blogger? Pliss?

 
at 4:00 pm Blogger lemontree said...

pink
ditto on no.6!
i would even say (only in the cooment section) that at sometimes it ust becomes noise

 
at 11:29 pm Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey!

I dint know that you dint really like music -- this one is a revelation...

-UrPublicist

 
at 12:08 am Blogger The Lad said...

Mine is **fckin shit **

Nice post...learnt quite many habits if urs!!!!

 
at 3:21 am Blogger I love Lucy said...

Landed here while randomly browsing..loved your blog..and this post..especially point 1 which I can identify with sooo well :)
-Smitha

 
at 12:17 pm Blogger just passing by said...

"If youe friends are fat, you'll get fat" - is this really true?
Then I can happily blame my friends for my weight issues and not feel guilty eating and drinking.How cool is that!

 
at 3:36 pm Blogger Deliciously Alive said...

Hahahahahahaha! Enjoyed the read. Thank you :)

Queen of the Universe ;)

P:S: My fav cussword is Bluddy...usually followed by Bastard ;)

 
at 7:35 pm Blogger Arunima said...

enjoyed!

 
at 3:43 pm Blogger Rimi said...

I maybe the first goal-less child in history.

Honey, you're not. I used to get SO annoyed when *everyone* insisted on asking me what I wanted to be when I grew up. We even had essays on the theme: 'In not less than 400 words write what you want to be when you grow up and why'. So I told them I wanted to be the president of the World Bank (does it have a President? I still don't know)

Re. 8, I'm told it's 'putting people at ease'. I'm nice friendly cop. In fact, I'm your best mate in disguise. See how many syllables I spend on you? Now if you put that gun down, nice and easy, we can put these pretty shiny wristlets on you and take you home. Wouldn't that be nice? *snort*

 
at 4:06 pm Anonymous Anonymous said...

"dont really like music????!!!!"

whoa? whatever happened or all our high pitched duet screeching in the LB corridors?!?! i'm most hurt!

actually i've answered my own question!!

lovely post pink! i was inspired to do my very own quirk list :)

nm

 
at 3:14 pm Blogger Iris said...

It's better to be a goal-less child than a goal-less adult:-)

Btw, does the same study also suggest that 'if your friends are thin, you'll go thin':D

 
at 1:01 am Blogger Sue said...

Mine is 'bastard'. Now guess who hears it the most?

 
at 8:27 am Blogger Arthur Quiller Couch said...

Being goal-less is good. Freedom.

And my current favourite is 'fuckwit'.

 
at 12:28 pm Blogger Nautilus said...

Oh, I'm dying to write my favorite cuss word, but then I'll have one less thing to write about me as and when I do Quicksilver's tag!! I feel so guilty everytime I see that I'm the only slacker who hasn't gotten around doing this!!! My bad! ;)

 
at 8:12 pm Blogger Hyde said...

Now how did I miss this one?

Anyway, I dropped in to say my nose looks somewhat like the one in the profile pic.

Ha!

 
at 9:41 am Blogger Jenn said...

I've had to take my blog private - because of some asshole (or fuckwit, if you prefer) who abused the information on it to injure a friend...if you still want to read it - can you send me an email at celestelle@rocketmail.com, so I can invite you?

Thanks.

 
at 4:18 pm Blogger Sari said...

.. while scrolling dwn fast..was dat NOSE writtn..aah yes bt why the word is here..so this way i read that line first..and then dwn and then after the end on to the top.. :)) haha after dat i read all in a right way ..
u know wat...u shud realy find my nose, its a bit short (as ppl say vn they find it, behaviorungly polite)

 
at 8:55 pm Blogger mad angles said...

heyy pink! so nice to see u posting again!

ps: my fav cuss word is chutiya and its variations like choot/chutiyapa/chutiya giri/ chaman chutiya. it's a nice base word man - really good variations happen arou nd it and omg i so need to get a life!!!

 
at 9:02 am Blogger Spunky Monkey said...

UPDATE?

 
at 12:10 am Blogger JugHead said...

Very creative post. Btw, how does somebody 'tag' somebody and what does it mean? I am new to the world of blogging and learning the ropes.

 
at 12:05 am Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh come on... i demand a new post!

-UrPublicist

 
at 4:37 pm Blogger freespirit said...

dude...its been 6 months. Shouldn't you be posting something??? Remember you have a blog??

 
at 2:54 pm Blogger Sarah said...

Even i dont like music and i always thought i was the only one in the whole wide world who doesn't like music. Good to know that there are others like me :)

 
at 8:28 am Anonymous Anonymous said...

"nose job", you got me with that one ...

 
at 3:07 pm Anonymous Anonymous said...

waiting for the "following" tag now...

 
at 8:59 pm Blogger It matters not! said...

i love the fact that u have some sort of affinity for the color pink...most people wouldnt admit it though...!

honestly, it was this that got me reading ur blog in the first place...and i was all smiles :)

 

Post a Comment