name: that girl in pink
location: Somewhere, India
my complete profile

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, September 11, 2005

The Importance of Packaging

I have tried out every blog template offered by blogger.com. I started with the green dots, found it too cluttered so moved to some horrendous pink thing. It was too horrendous even for me so I moved to a simple blue top, white bottom sort of page. Not happy with the colours and layout I tried out a few more before finally settling on my current brown, blast-from-the-past template.

One may argue that it's what's written that really counts. That's like saying, its what's inside a person that’s important. We all know that’s not true! Let’s be honest here. Would you rather strike up a conversation with George Clooney/Julia Roberts or Bill Gates/Mother Teresa? Be honest now!! Actually Bill Gates has money so I suppose he does have a certain attractiveness quotient. And Mother Teresa is no longer with us so I guess they were both bad examples.

Ok quick. Would you rather chat up good-looking guy in marketing who works out thrice a week or dull, checked shirt wearing, lunch box carrying man from accounts? See, I’m telling you, packaging counts! Good-looking man from marketing may have the IQ of a chicken and our friend in accounts probably reads philosophy in his free time but unfortunately he is a victim of bad packaging and hence mr. marketing reigns.

My suggestion? Quit wasting time studying and getting degrees and developing yourself as a person. Some sort of mind development is bound to happen by merely existing in this world. Concentrate on what’s really important.

Join a gym, get a haircut that suits you, and spend money on essentials like designer clothes and accessories. (Don’t spend on food. Firstly it’s fattening, plus when you look that good people will want to take you out and foot your bill)
Spend time in front of the mirror and find an expression that’s flattering for your face. Learn it and keep it on all the time.
Understand colours and figure out which ones go with your skin tone.
Install warm yellow lighting around your house, it makes anyone look gorgeous.
Express concern about the state of the world in your conversations. Don’t worry, you won’t have to do anything. Just talking about it is enough.
Always have a copy of Freud or Gabriel García Márquez around you so you look like you’re intellectually gifted. Never mind if you can’t pronounce the name. People will be so intimated by your killer combination of good looks and intelligence that no one’s gonna ask anyway.


Follow all this and you my friend, are on the road to dizzying success. Guaranteed to succeed in any field, this is the formula for true happiness. And years later when you sit content with the deeply fulfilling life you’ve led, think back to the person who gave you these pearls of wisdom. Then put on your best expression and raise a toast. And make sure it’s wine ‘cause as we all know, hard liquor’s fattening.

Posted by that girl in pink  | 11:57 am  |  6 comments  

6 Comments

at 1:09 pm Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you becoming a victim of your own success? Then why the hell is the world not giving you the attention, the awards and the recognition.. plus the 1000 dinners that you deserve?

AFanOfThatGirlInPink

 
at 4:38 pm Blogger lemontree said...

and only if you had been around when i was still thirteen and had the best years of my life to rescue...haha
completely hillarious- enjoyed reading it
getting my room lights changed to yellow immediately- what was mom thinking while getting all white light- who cares about eyes- its my reflection thats important

 
at 1:32 pm Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK. Now I am getting impatient for your next blog... Or are you getting some secret pleasure out of slow torture?

AFanOf...

 
at 8:05 pm Blogger that girl in pink said...

Dear Fan,
Ok, first of all, thanks so much for the ego boost. I have never had a fan in my life and now I can die content knowing that I'm a published author with a fan base. :-)
Going to be posting something very soon. In the meanwhile, please don't stop coming to my blog. You pretty much make up 50% of my reader base so I really don't wanna lose you.
Gonna rack my brains on something to write now. Will see you soon on alightershadeofplum.
See you and thank you for your patronage. :-)

-TGIP

 
at 1:05 pm Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey...hello...me too is ur fan - let's call me AFanOfPinkyAunty...listen, seriously...i just got to ur blog like half an hour back, and I just don't wanna get outta here (even though there's PILES of work calling!!!)

 
at 1:19 pm Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phew! now that was one hack of a eye opener post (well, to some extent, honestly)!
and here i am burning my a$% off getting higher education and all that, only to realize it doesn't really count without the package... true very true..

ps. your fan base just got a raise! :) .. keep those pearls of wisdom coming! :D

 

Post a Comment