name: that girl in pink
location: Somewhere, India
my complete profile

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Thursday, September 01, 2005

a passing observation

Sometimes I think life is nothing but a series of countdowns. I find myself reciting numbers in descending order all the time.
On the treadmill, I stare at the display, willing the seconds to reduce and come to zero so I can get off the damn thing and get on with my life.
At the traffic signal, I glare at the timer, hoping that will get it to move faster.
As a deadline inches closer I avoid looking at my watch, trying desperately to somehow stretch the minutes out longer.
Towards the end of a vacation, my heart starts sinking as I start thinking of just the few minutes I have left before I need to check out and go back to the mundane.
Whatever the situation, it's really never about enjoying the time one has, is it? Somehow it always seems to be about rushing through stuff in order to reach point zero.
Maybe that is what life is, eh?. A series of countdowns, all leading up that final one?

Posted by that girl in pink  | 10:01 am  |  2 comments  

2 Comments

at 4:01 pm Blogger lemontree said...

Interesting observation girl in pink.
And the minute i read descending order i thought of the treadmill as well :)

 
at 12:58 pm Anonymous Anonymous said...

pretty profound in ur typical pink way : )

 

Post a Comment