name: that girl in pink
location: Somewhere, India
my complete profile

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Monday, January 09, 2006

9/1/2006

Happy New Year, my fellow blogoholics!! One week after the predictably disastrous New Year’s Eve party I had, I’m now sufficiently recovered to venture back into this wonderful and weird blog world we all inhabit.

This time I have no New Year Resolutions. (The old list I drew up about five years ago will do just fine, so why bother?) But I do have some Old Year Lessons.

Lesson 1: New Year’s Eve always sucks. Most over hyped, high pressure, expensive waste of an evening one can ever have.

Lesson 2: I will never learn. By the end of 2006, I would’ve forgotten all my vows of bringing in the New Year by myself in my warm bed, and will be fretting about which dress to freeze in and which stiletto heels to torture my ankles with.

Actually, it wasn’t all bad. For about two happy hours, my friends and I found ourselves completely rocking the party we were at. Until one of them got sick and things started to go downhill. From then on it was endless hours of driving, co-ordinating between friends, and one really stupid accident involving an aspiring actor and a flight attendant with surprisingly generous tear ducts. I hate to be pessimistic, but starting your year pretending to care about two drunken nitwits in a stupid hospital really doesn’t seem too promising. Or maybe it’s too early to crib. There are still twelve whole months for many more calamities to unfold. Looking forward to it!

One week into 2006 and I’m still unemployed. No surprise there, considering I’ve made pretty much no efforts to find work. What’s scary is that I’m not really missing having a job, just the money. Otherwise, my new adopted lifestyle of sleeping when I want and for how long I want suits me just fine. In fact, being unemployed has actually lead to some pretty life altering changes.

For instance, it’s shaved 10 years of my age. That’s right, I’m 17 again. The signs are all there. I’ve got two new pimples and I’m obsessed with teen TV shows. I watch The OC on Zee Café and in case I miss it there, on Star World. I call my friend to discuss my views on the actors; I can’t figure out what the big deal about that Ryan dude is, with his whole intense shy Di look. Whenever I can I make sure I catch Life as we know it, That’s So Raven and raunchy teen comedy films. Yeah, life can get really complicated for a teen in America and I totally empathise.

Also, I have a new No. 1 in “My Cares and Concerns of Life.” I have become a celebrity junkie. The warning signs were always there but this time I have really teetered over the line and gotten addicted. From E news (giving us news we need to know) to Top 100 celebrity oops and scoops, I can’t get enough. My views on celebrities are as strong as the pope’s religious beliefs. I know that I hate the god-awful Simpson sisters, am anxious to know how George Clooney’s love life will pan out hope that Britney throws out that good for nothing Kevin Federline (K-Fed to those in the know) out soon.

Yeah, so basically I’m living the life all parents dream of for their kids. An out of work TV addict who’s biggest challenge come in the form of Su-doku. God, I disgust myself. But there is no time for introspection now, Oprah’s about to start.

Posted by that girl in pink  | 1:32 pm  |  6 comments  

6 Comments

at 7:10 pm Blogger Vijayeta said...

Well, my thoughts exactly about New Years Eve being the most overrated, overhyped evening of the year!
I'm in Delhi, surviving the worst cold in 70 yrs with a nasty throat infection and among other things, with instructions to "not talk unnecessarily" by the doctor!
:(
So you're becoming a celebrity junkie? Not bad...i'm going to write abt our "desi" Simpson sisters very soon in my blog ;)
And yes...nice to see you back in action!
Rock on!

 
at 8:38 pm Blogger lemontree said...

i know about the 5 year old resolution list. since i can remember all my resolution lists were really just one thing when u read between the lines "go thin". this year I too said f it.
instead have another new year gig- think of the one thing you would want to come true this year. just one thing.

 
at 3:44 pm Blogger DiTtY said...

*sigh*

Took me back to the time when I had just quit one day when I couldn't take my dumb-moronic-boss anymore! :) I didn't find a job at all... all other concerned people in my life were lining up interviews for me, while I was doing pretty much what you're doing right now! :)

Enjoy this phase!! :)

 
at 1:04 pm Blogger velvetgunther said...

go to Palika (I'm assuming youre in Delhi), buy a whole bunch of those 100 rs DVDs (you paid 150 for them? you got ripped), get some pineapple juice, and sit in front of the TV

 
at 11:44 pm Blogger Nessa said...

We never do anything on New Year's Eve. It is just a disaster waiting to happen. No one else seems to understand. Every year we must politely but sternly repeat, "We do not go out on New Year's Eve. No, sorry, won't do it."

It is biologically necessary to hibernate. (Does that help?)

 
at 3:59 pm Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! blue voyeur Christian rock hardcore music Fake mcse certificate download colgate brush on teeth whitener voyeur+sex Rocky gore tex boot outgoing message answering machine Camping lake powell Car insurance for imported vehicles Voyeur 18

 

Post a Comment